perjantai 21. maaliskuuta 2014

Kodu-research in Patamäki



My name is Polina Grigoreva, at the moment I am a Master’s degree student at the University of Oulu. The program I am studying in is called Learning, Education and Technology (LET). It deals with up-to-date learning and teaching techniques, innovative and classical approaches to skills and knowledge acquisition. For example, collaborative and self-regulated learning, which we practice ourselves a lot both within our student group and beyond it.

The thesis I am working at deals with the concept of expert systems and Kodu game Lab environment. Expert systems, computer programs that assist human experts in challenging situations, are referred to and used as an idea of what Kodu games might become, if applied in schools for learning and teaching purposes. In general, my study seeks to define the potential of Kodu games for learning tasks, probable ways of integration of educational information into informal environment. My goal is to see how it is possible for pupils to apply newly acquired information into gaming activities, as thus learn to use it not only in classroom. From a self-regulative point of view Kodu games allow pupils to visualize what they learn which also contributes to overall result.

From my side, I also would like to note that Kodu club provides a lot of opportunities for collaboration in general and creative collaboration in particular, as well as for development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills".

I also have a question about Kodu club: is it possible for me to have copies of several games made by the students who have answered the questionnaire? I would also appreciate greatly a demonstration of how those games work.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti